Free School Meals
How to apply for free school meals - please complete and return to school office
All children in EYFS and KS1 are entitled to free school meals. When children move up to KS2 those in receipt of the benefits below must apply for free school meals otherwise you will be charged for your child to have school lunches.
If you are in receipt of the benefits listed below you do not need to pay for school meals.
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
If you are eligible for Free School Meals, and you apply, our school will also benefit. The government has introduced the Pupil Premium Grant to help children from lower income families reach their full potential and to achieve higher academic grades at school.
Under this funding arrangement, primary schools receive £1,385 for every pupil registered for free school meals; so it is really important to us to make sure every child that qualifies is actually registered.
All school meals are required to meet the nutritional standards set out by the School Food Trust. Our school meals are fresh, healthy, nutritious and varied. Our school meal menu is available to view on the website
If you believe you are entitled to free school meals, the application form can be found above or alternatively please contact the school 01255 425344 if you would like the form emailed to you.