FREE SCHOOL MEALS
FSM during Covid19
Parents who are in receipt of benefits are entitled to receive free school meals and will be contacted as soon as we have received guidance from the Department for Education.
Evidence should be emailed to: email@example.com
Instances where your child may be entitled to receive free school meals.
• Your child is currently attending school in Reception, Year 1 or Year 2 so qualify under the Universal
Free School Meal Scheme. This entitlement will cease when your child moves in to Year 3.
• Free school meals are available to all children whose parents are in receipt of any of the benefits listed
This entitlement does not automatically include siblings you MUST apply for each individual child in your family including children who are in Reception, Year 1 or Year 2.
Entitlement to free school meals is based on the family receiving one of these benefits:
• Income Support
• Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
• Child Tax Credit (not Working Tax Credit), with an annual income of below £16,190
• Pension Guarantee Credit
• Employment and Support Allowance, income related
• Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act, 1999
• Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
• Universal Credit
Children who get any of the above benefits in their own right (ie they get benefits payments directly, instead of through a parent or guardian) can also get free school meals.
If you're entitled to one of the above benefits or have an equivalent low-income, please complete the online application.
To access the online application form please see the following:
Change of circumstances
If you are eligible for free school meals, and your circumstances change in any way (such as changing address or school, and registering another child) you will need to contact the Team via firstname.lastname@example.org to advise the team of these changes.