As part of the curriculum, all the children will be developing life skills including cooking. The first recipe to be cooked in St. Clare's Kitchen is below. Each class will cook from a different recipe, the ingredients and instructions will be published each week.
W/b 13th January - Year 6A
W/b 20th January - Year 6B
HOW TO BAKE ANGLO SAXON HONEY SHORTBREAD
Pre-heat oven to 160c
225g Plain flour
50g Corn flour
175g Soft butter
1. Put all ingredients into a bowl.
2. Mix together well until you have a dough.
3. Place in a round tin and flatten.
4. Score lines across the dough and make a pattern with a fork.
5. Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes until golden brown.
6. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.